Wednesday, February 5, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 4

I tried Flipboard.  I found it very confusing as I'm not really interested in RSS feeds (don't have time to read constant updates or news, and don't Facebook or Twitter).  The music, travel, and style articles didn't cover much I cared to read more about.  I then downloaded Zinio to see if I liked that better or found it easier to navigate.  It appeared that the magazines required subscriptions.  I went back to Flipboard and discovered "Books".  This looks like a great way to get some ideas for teen books now while I'm compiling next year's order!  I added a bunch of titles to my "magazine" that I can research later through our book vendors to read professional reviews on and decide if they're O.K. to purchase (our policy requires 2 positive professional reviews for each book ordered).  Maybe during the summer I would have more time to browse through more of the offerings for additional "reads".  There may be a lot of potential with this.

Is there a way to get an RSS feed for our blog for this program??

No comments:

Post a Comment