Saturday, February 8, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 6

I was excited to try CloudOn as I use Word and Excel a lot.  I did a short worksheet in Excel.  I tried Word by creating a display poster.  I was disappointed not to find clip art which I use frequently.  The art functions had to be purchased.  I then experimented with Pages which is on our iPads (I believe our tech dept. buys licenses in bulk for a cost savings or it's free; not sure.)  It is similar to Word so fairly easy to use.  It also includes numerous art selections, although not to the extent of clip art, and I couldn't resize images as desired.  The documents may be e-mailed to your PC in Word format for printing.  I have not gone on the PC yet to see if I can modify text or images there, but will hopefully be able to easily print in color or black and white.  This gave me the incentive to try out functions I already had access to, but never used.  Even if I decide to use Word on the PC, it will be helpful to draft out ideas on the iPad, and later tweak them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment