Monday, April 21, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 10

I tried both Instagram and Snapchat,  I couldn't find my friends in Instagram.  Maybe I have to change my Facebook settings?  I tried to send a video to Facebook from Instagram, but it wouldn't work.  Don't really see the need for Instagram when I can send pics/videos directly to Facebook from the iPad Photos.   

It took me several tries to come up with a user name in Snapchat as many were already taken.  Once I achieved that, it became apparent that I couldn't send anything without knowing my friends' exact Snapchat names.  I couldn't send one to my daughter without wifi for her to receive (we don't give her our wifi access code in order to control her electronic use time at home). 

I think both of these functions are more effective via phone; can't imagine carrying around an iPad a lot to send quick pics.  There are new Snapchat apps that are kind of scary that kids should know about like others having an app to keep pics forever.  Kids may not realize this and believe what they send will disappear.  I may use these more at a later time, but probably not in the immediate future.

No comments:

Post a Comment