Monday, April 21, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 23

Wow!  I made it through all the Things and the survey!  😃  it has been so much so fast, I feel like I just got through a whirlwind of apps.  This program has certainly made me more comfortable with using a variety of functions on my iPad (although, I have to admit, my favorite is still Sudoku).  My favorite Things were Education (#18), Hobbies (#19), and Free-for-all (#21).  I was excited to discover Google voice search, books/Google Play, Spotify, and, especially, Duolingo.  I found the Utilities Thing (#3) very helpful as well, and the games were entertaining--nice break from the serious side.  I now have a rudimentary Facebook page which I will put to more use in future.  

I would be interested in learning one app in detail in order to become proficient in it, such as Google.  There is an overwhelming number of apps available, to the point of information overload.  With such limited time, I would rather focus more in-depth on one to three apps.  I would have benefited from an interactive discussion board (I discovered that the blog was basically a one-person dialogue--no interaction), but discussion boards are usually quite time-consuming.

I would likely participate in a 23 Google Things, 23 EduCreation Steps, or similar program that focuses on more capabilities within one app.  There just isn't enough time to learn a bunch of apps well enough to effectively integrate them into my lessons in a truly meaningful way.  I also tend to feel a bit overwhelmed and rushed trying to absorb so much within a short span of time. 

I can't imagine the amount of time it must have taken to set up this program.  Lots of exploration and research involved.  I sure appreciate those who did this!  I feel better able to keep up with my "wired" students.  Thank you!!  Libraries are all about learning and leading others to information.  This program definitely brought me one step closer to fulfilling this mission.  It was well worth the time and effort.  Thanks again for making this learning adventure available to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment