Sunday, April 13, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 17

I tried NNC Now as a "local" resource.  My first impression was influenced by spelling errors (Chisolm)! The radar was interesting.  The news was for the Iron Range, Duluth, and Wisconsin; not really "local" for us.

I then looked at upnorthexplorer.  I tried to search for events at the DECC, but wasn't successful.  Many of the links were for Wisconsin.  Because our location is on the edge between Regions, there isn't much coverage applicable to us.  These sites are interesting if one has time on his/her hands, but I don't see a lot of personal or professional use of them by me.  Most of the info I can get from other sources I already access.  The other apps didn't interest me as they weren't about topics or areas I NEED to know about on a frequent basis (I'm trying to prevent information overload).

I plan to keep the apps for awhile to see if I access them.  Maybe I'll find that the news is fun to read or the radar/weather is a fast, handy resource--who knows??!

No comments:

Post a Comment