Wednesday, April 9, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 19

We love to travel, so I tried the RoadNinja app.  The "Tour" button wouldn't work, so I had to try it without direction (no pun intended).  It took me several tries before it would give me any info.  Probably because we are in a rural area, it wasn't much help when not on the road!  The nearest exits were over 200 miles away (perhaps it only does Interstates?).  I will try it this summer if we travel.  We have a Garmin and it would be interesting to see which is more helpful.

I checked out the ESPN SportsCenter app and put in a couple of favorite teams.  I personally don't follow any closely these days, but I will show the app to a known sports lover and see what he thinks.  I'm anticipating that he will love it!

Finally, I loaded the Spotify app.  I had some difficulties at first getting back to previous screens and finding the + button, but loved the app once I could navigate it better.  I started a playlist.  I also asked students in study hall to write down their favorite songs (ones without swear words) in order to make up a playlist to play quietly in Media Center during study halls and non-elementary times, especially as we wind down toward the end of the school year.  Are there any copyright issues with using this app in a classroom (until I know that, I won't post the list or put links to it)?

No comments:

Post a Comment