Sunday, April 6, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 13

I tried Haiku Deck, but got very frustrated when images seemed to load themselves into my deck and I couldn't find a way to delete individual images (just whole decks).  I ended just deleting the whole app. :(  I then played around with EduCreations, which I already had an app for on my iPad.  I find it easier to manipulate and recorded a "welcome" message with images of a few past Media Center displays (just for fun practice!). I was interested in Deck Slideshow, but ran into some difficulty loading it and gave up.  Maybe another time!  
I do hope to integrate EduCreations into my Media Skills lessons at some point, but haven't found a good fit yet.  It is much easier for students to see images projected straight from my computer than to see the smaller mirrored iPad image, so I try to use the iPad more for student projects vs teacher presentations (although I do know, and sometimes use, creations from my iPad sent to my computer!).
I could possibly use EduCreations for a slideshow for a child's graduation or to put together narrated stories of some of our trips.  That would be a great way to preserve memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment