Wednesday, April 16, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 8

OK.  This was a complete fail for me.  I wasn't excited about setting up a social media site as I purposely do not already have one.  I have neither the time nor the interest in publishing personal news or photos.  That said, I did set up a Facebook account which was a headache.  It sent me a code that didn't work, followed by another that did, and in the meantime, automatically created 2 accounts for me without me even entering the codes!  Furthermore, it does not allow me to delete an account (they can only be deactivated), so they are there forever. 😠

I thought it would be helpful to combine my e-mail accounts (3) and Facebook into one access point.  I tried Cloze, but found it very complicated.  I was unable to find a message "delete" button (it just archived everything; I'm a "thrower" and don't want to keep it all).  I was also unable to add 2 of my e-mail accounts as they aren't through common sources and I don't know server info for them offhand.  I ended up deleting this app for now.

I then tried Buffer.  It was very annoying as it wouldn't let me in with an e-mail access; it just kept saying "error."  I got in through Facebook, but then it just took me there and I didn't see a way to access other platforms.  

I will probably get LinkedIn at some point as some employers are using it, but don't have the time at present.  Maybe when I add that, the management tools will be more effective...  Right now, I will just access the different accounts separately, I guess.  However, I AM excited about someday being able to get all my e-mail messages (and Facebook posts) from one source, so the IDEA is great!  😃

Maybe a future training could focus on walking us through one social media management app??!

No comments:

Post a Comment